Last updated on May 24, 2018
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. Some items might take longer than normal, especially for pre-orders and mystery bags. For details, please check individual items.
Estimated shipping times: 10-15 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Please feel free to contact me if you need an item before this time frame.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Please understand that I'm not responsible for what happens with your package after items are shipped. I cannot change the shipping address you've given me after an order has already been shipped. Neither I can't contact your country's postal service for you.
If your package doesn't get to you for some reason, and I gave you a tracking number, please wait until it returns back to me if you wish for me to resend it. It can take several weeks, months in some countries, for that to happen. Please kindly understand that I will not offer to resend your order for free nor will I be held responsible if your order does not arrive using a non tracking option.
Please feel free to contact me if there's any problem with the order you received. I'll be happy to refund you if your item was damaged or lost during transit. However, please understand that if your order is lost due to you entering a wrong address, moving, etc., a shipping fee will be charged for resending your order.
Buyers from outside the EU
All purchases made are final! Please understand I do not accept returns unless the items you received are damaged or different from what you ordered.
Buyers in the EU
According to the European Union Directive on Consumer Rights, EU buyers have the right to return a product by contacting me within 14 days. This 14 day period starts from the moment you received your item, and not from when you purchased it. This rule does not apply to custom made products, items on sale, digital items, perushable goods like food or plants, or unsealed goods that can't be reused for health or hygiene reasons, such as earrings.
Returned items will be refunded within 14 days of receiving back that item.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Tictail to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order or a gift, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Sinycath, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com